- Designed to seal openings in new raised floor cutouts prior to the installation of communications, power, or other cabling.
- In a study done by Upsite Technologies on 19 computer rooms totaling over 204,400 ft², it was found that 60% of valuable cooled air is not reaching the air intakes of IT equipment.
- The KoldLok® Wave™ was developed to provide the best seal against this wasted bypass airflow.
Part Number: 46-20100
The KoldLok® Wave raised floor grommet takes raised floor grommets to the next level. The KoldLok® Wave, from Upsite Technologies, features a patent-pending wave shaped thermoplastic elastomer that offers the best sealing against bypass airflow, unsurpassed by any brush grommet on the market.
The KoldLok® Wave offers more usable cable area, in fact 169% more usable open area than a leading competitor. KoldLok® Wave is versatile, the split design allows edge-cut tiles to be removed without capturing cables. Like the previous KoldLok® Brush Strip Grommets, the KoldLok® Wave is maintenance free. Once installed the wave shaped material seals and re-seals around cables with no additional maintenance or monitoring required. The KoldLok® Wave is simple to install and its durable ABS frame and flexible sealing surface engineered to withstand long-term use.
- Sealing Effectiveness – New, patent pending wave shaped thermoplastic elastomer offers the best sealing against bypass airflow, unsurpassed by any brush grommet on the market.
- Usable Cable Area – Offers 45.5 sq inches of usable cable area, over two and a half times that of a leading brush competitor.
- Maintenance Free – Wave shaped material seals around cables with no additional maintenance or monitoring required.
- Configuation – Split design allows edge cut tiles to be removed without capturing cables.
- Fire Resistant – Thermoplastic elastomer material is rated UL94 HB.
- Longevity – Durable, impact-resistant ABS frame.
- Safety Cover – An optional cover is available to ensure greater safety before rack and cable installation.
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity.
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units.
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life.
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grate.
- Facilitates Cold Aisle / Hot Aisle best practices.
|Overall size (W x D x H)||279 x 229 x 48||11 x 9 x 1⅞
|Overall size with optional safety cover||285 x 233 x 70||117⁄32 x 95⁄32 x 2¾
|Product height above floor||10||⅜
|Product height above floor (with cover)||25||1|
|Usable cable area||197 x 149||7¾ x 5⅞
|Cut required – Interior of the tile||235 x 172||9¼ x 6¾
|Cut required – Long side on tile edge||235 x 200||9¼ x 7⅞
|Cut required – Short side on tile edge||257 x 172||10⅛ x 6¾
Patented Sealing System Sealing Effectiveness
(U.S. Patent No. RE41863 and International Patents Pending) Multi-layer, opposing and interwoven filaments consisting of:
- 0.010 inch diameter upper filament.
- 0.020 inch diameter lower filament.
- Approximately 25,000 filaments per Grommet.
- Premium grade nylon Type 6 ensuring flexibility and self-sealing recovery.
- Ensure passage of 100 amp power connectors.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing in areas undisturbed by cable penetrations at static pressures up to 0.10 inches of water column.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing with four ½ inch cables penetrating the Grommet at a static pressure of 0.10 inches.
- The frame is molded from durable polypropylene.
- Finish: Black.
Floor Mounting System
Four (4) self-drilling screws are provided for installation.