The KoldLok® Surface Mount raised floor brush strip grommet is designed to fit in active raised floors to seal cable openings without affecting operations.
The KoldLok® Surface Mount unit pulls apart into two halves and is then positioned around the cables, where the double-layered brush strip seals the opening. Based on measurements at multiple data centres, between 50% – 80% of conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed flooring openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies and increasing infrastructure costs. By sealing cable cut-outs with
KoldLok® raised floor brush strip grommets you can address this bypass airflow, so drastically improving the cooling capacity within the data centre and preventing the detrimental effects bypass airflow has.
- Designed to seal a variety of existing raised floor tile cutouts and allow flexibility of removing tiles without capturing cables.
- Based on measurements at multiple data centres, on average 60% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed floor openings.
- This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hotspots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. KoldLok® products specifically address bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data centre cooling.
- The Surface Mount Grommets facilitate recabling and allows tiles to be moved without capturing cables.
- Surface L and Surface XL supplied with metal plates for sealing larger openings.
- The Grommets contain no loose or partially fastened parts, which can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
- The Grommets are impact resistant and durable.
- KoldLok® products are compliant with Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS).
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity.
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units.
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life.
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grate.
- Facilitates Cold Aisle / Hot Aisle best practices.
|Overall size (W x D x H||279 x 210 x 29||11 x 8¼ x 1⅛|
|Product height above the raised floor||32||1¼*|
|Maximum cutout size sealed||203 x 102||8 x 4|
|Cut required to install Grommet in interior of the tile||254 x 184||10 x 7¼|
|Usable cable area||210 x 102||8¼ x 4|
Patented Sealing System Sealing Effectiveness
(U.S. Patent No. RE41863 and International Patents Pending) Multi-layer, opposing and interwoven filaments consisting of:
- 0.010 inch diameter upper filament.
- 0.020 inch diameter lower filament.
- Approximately 25,000 filaments per Grommet.
- Premium grade nylon Type 6 ensuring flexibility and self-sealing recovery.
- Ensure passage of 100 amp power connectors.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing in areas undisturbed by cable penetrations at static pressures up to 0.10 inches of water column.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing with four ½ inch cables penetrating the Grommet at a static pressure of 0.10 inches.
- The frame is molded from durable polypropylene.
- Finish: Black.
Floor Mounting System
Four (4) self-drilling screws are provided for installation.