Part Number: 46-1000-1010
The KoldLok® Integral raised floor grommet is designed for new installations and fits into the raised floor tiles prior to the installation of the cabinets. Based on measurements at multiple data centres, between 50% – 80% of conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed flooring openings.
This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies and increasing infrastructure costs. By sealing cable cut-outs with KoldLok® raised floor grommets you can address this bypass airflow, so drastically improving the cooling capacity within the data centre and preventing the detrimental effects bypass airflow has.
- Designed to seal openings in new raised floor cutouts prior to the installation of communications or power cabling. Based on measurements at multiple data centres,on average 60% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed floor openings.
- This lost air, known as bypass airflow,contributes to IT equipment hot spots,cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. KoldLok® products specifically address bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data centre cooling.
- The Split Integral Grommets allow tiles to be moved without capturing cables.
- The Grommets contain no loose or partially fastened parts, which can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
- The Grommets are impact resistant and durable.
- The Grommets satisfy NFPA 75 Section 5-4.4 requirement by self dressing the raw metal edges of raised floor tile cable cutouts.
- KoldLok products are compliant with Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS).
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity.
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units.
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life.
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grate.
- Facilitates Cold Aisle / Hot Aisle best practices.
|Overall size (W x D x H)||279 x 210 x 41||11 x 8¼ x 1⅝
|Product height above the raised floor||3||⅛
|Usable cable area||203 x 102||8 x 4
|Cut required to install Grommet in interior of the tile||235 x 172||9¼ x 6¾|
|Cut required to install long side of the Grommet on the tile edge||235 x 191||9¼ x 7½|
|Cut required to install short side of the Grommet on the tile edge||172 x 260||6¾ x 10¼|
Patented Sealing System Sealing Effectiveness
(U.S. Patent No. RE41863 and International Patents Pending) Multi-layer, opposing and interwoven filaments consisting of:
- 0.010 inch diameter upper filament.
- 0.020 inch diameter lower filament.
- Approximately 25,000 filaments per Grommet.
- Premium grade nylon Type 6 ensuring flexibility and self-sealing recovery.
- Ensure passage of 100 amp power connectors.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing in areas undisturbed by cable penetrations at static pressures up to 0.10 inches of water column.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing with four ½ inch cables penetrating the Grommet at a static pressure of 0.10 inches.
- The frame is molded from durable polypropylene.
- Finish: Black.
Floor Mounting System
Four (4) self-drilling screws are provided for installation.