The KoldLok® 6″ Extended raised floor grommet is designed to seal a variety of existing perimeter openings, with the added flexibility of modification for large and unique openings. Based on measurements at multiple data centres, between 50% – 80% of conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed flooring openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies and increasing infrastructure costs. By sealing cable cut-outs with KoldLok® raised floor grommets you can address this bypass airflow, so drastically improving the cooling capacity within the data centre and preventing the detrimental effects bypass airflow has.
- Designed to seal a wide variety of existing and new openings. Simple modification creates the flexibility to seal large and unique openings such as those found under PDUs. Based on measurements at multiple data centres, on average 60% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed floor openings.
- This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hotspots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. KoldLok® products specifically address bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data centre cooling.
- Designed to be compatible with both 24 inch and 600mm floor tiles.
- The Grommets can be modified to seal unique cable openings.
- The Grommets contain no loose or partially fastened parts, which can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
- KoldLok® products are compliant with Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS).
- Supports increased cabinet density.
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity.
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units.
- Improves IT equipment reliability and extends equipment life.
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grate.
- Compliance with best practices for all raised floor cooling configuration (Hot and Cold Aisle, Hot Aisle containment, Cold Aisle containment, etc.)
|6” Extended (46-4000-10013) Overall Size||610 x 205mm||24” x 8.08”|
|Maximum cutout size sealed||610 x 178mm||24” x 7”|
|Usable cable area||559 x 140mm||22” x 5.5”|
|Height above the raised floor|
* with mounting system installed
- Efffective bypass airflow sealing in areas undisturbed by cable penetrations at static pressures up to 0.10 inches of water column.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing with four ½ inch cables penetrating the Grommet at static pressure required to cool up to 3kW per cabinet.
- Effective bypass airflow sealing with four ½ inch cables penetrating the Grommet at a static pressure of 0.50 inches of water column.
Patented Sealing System
(U.S. Patent No. RE41863 and International Patents Pending) Multi-layer, opposing and interwoven filaments.
- Metal Extrusion filament holder: Anodised aluminium alloy, black finish.
- End Caps: PC/ABS, black. (Provided with 24” / 610mm versions only).
Floor Mounting System
24” / 610mm Grommets come standard with two end caps, double-sided, non-particulating adhesive mounting kit and five self-tapping screws per grommet.
60” / 1,524mm Grommets DO NOT come standard with end caps, adhesive mounting kit or self-tapping screws.
Optional mounting tape or screws are available for custom installations. (Min. order may apply).